A Corbeled Gallery work

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Fluid Dynamics

This post is a random musing, so do not read it if you are looking for something witty or clever. I will never post something that I learned from a book or heard from a professor, but came up with on my own. I may have verified it before posting. But copying something that I got out of a book would evade the purpose of posting these random musings.

Gas expands at a certain rate. If you have a finite room with equal pressure atmosphere and release a gas, it will expand uniformly until the room is uniformly filled. If a hole in a wall is created (like an open window), then gas will leave the room at the percentange and ratio of:
gas expation::room size
gas expanding out the hole::hole size

On the subject of uniformity, on a flat plane, water will never "puddle", unless surface tension exceeds a ratio of 1.

Universities award PHD's in fluidynamics if you understand the above two ideas, and can put an equation to it. This is a random musing I had while reading "A briefe history of time"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
.